I was recently lucky enough to be invited to an event sponsored by EA to preview the newest EP, Get Together, which comes out in December. As a builder, I tend to focus on the stuff I can build with and the world. There was SO much to see! And, even though I honestly wasnt too exicted initially about the forming clubs concept, once I got into it and saw how in-depth the system goes, I was pretty intrigued by the possibilities.
So...for you "cut to the chase" types, here are my impressions in a nut shell
- large expansive world with a tons of interesting places to explore
- the world is pretty full/occupied. Only a couple of empty lots.
- plenty of new detailed build objects to get the medieval look
- its not all Tudor style-some great modern locations and sleek objects in build buy
- not as many new walls/floors as I would like
- natural pools are regular pools with a rock edge. But you can add plants and steam or bubbles, as well as choose the look of the water.
- stylish new clothing options
- great new hairstyles-not a stinker in the bunch
- not much new for the kids in CAS
- club system allows you to fully customize the club-traits, activities, what they wear, where they meet, and who they hate are just a few of the options.
- your club can earn a huge variety of rewards like a special handshake, a boost to skills, or a snazzy club jacket
- clubs are a great way to find new friends or a romantic interest for your sims and make them more connected in the community.
- a fantastic tool for storytellers and the machinima community.
Bottom line: is this EP worth buying? To me, definitely! Regardless of how you play, this game will enhance your experience with The Sims 4.
Want to see more?